Monday, September 23, 2013

CrossFit South Bay- Last Lopez Workout





There's something to be said when a family that isn't mine invited me into their athletic morning. I was excited to say the least. Imagining myself among his friends with whom he had dedicated so much time with. And I didn't know what to expect, except to work out with him in mind and not to quit. Being in his space was difficult. I cried between sets and looked out into the parking lot wishing his truck were there. As I pushed through the workout of the day designed in his name, I told him I was sweating for him. Burning calories for him. Keeping strong and steady for him. And as I went through the last set and threw the ball up high against the wall, I reached up for him and high-fived his spirit. He was with me the whole time.


No comments:

Post a Comment